Sunday 15 April 2012

Coach-in-training

I'm keen to be a coach but don't have much experience - that's where my niece comes in handy as a willing guinea pig!  Zombocalinsay (as we'll call her) and I went for an outdoor skate today, but my plans to show her a few basics were scuppered when I found out she could do it all already...  A few tips on derby stance and a quick run through of stops were about all I managed before she was off, scooting around, hopping and jumping and finishing off with a few flashy turns.  And as I was trying out my retro disco style skates for the first time (such a difference from derby skates), she was skating rings around me and showing me up.  Great.  Ah well, it's a learning experience for everyone - I could claim that what she was able to do was down to me being super coach, but really, I don't think anyone would believe that!

No comments:

Post a Comment